Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Corny Poetry

Poetry is mental masturbation. An epiphany is the orgasm. Some of em's pure shit. I know nothing about poetry. I use it as an exercise for vocabulary & word play...so they tend to have more lyricism than literary value. So here's one of them. Welcome to my world of corny poetry.

Darling Broken Valentine


I had an epiphany.

One day you'd come to me-

finally undestanding,

apologizing.


I held you to my heart, where i've kept you those years apart;

where you belong.


My dear, honey once-mine,

My darling broken Valentine.


In tears and silence all was spoken.

My reservations,

melted in muted conversation.

Darling don't let me be the one-

that person you only come to when you have no one.


My dear, honey once-mine,

My darling broken Valentine.

I beg you for more than bittersweet decline,

I long our shared divine.


Seeing your hands; I've missed your palms.

You embrace me; I've missed your arms.

Years have gone; and older we've become.


Lets not run away this time.

My dear, honey once-mine, My lovely broken Valentine.

Hear my weepy song; see this life in mime

Lost in regrets , sorrow and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment