Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Quarter of a Century

Today, 2 days after my birthday and i am still enjoying the spoils : had carrot cake with the yummu cream cheese frosting (courtesy of my ex-roomate, Syu) and a nice cup of Nescafe for my breakfats...bliss

I had so much fun over my birthday weekend that i just had to write about it. I think I can honestly say that i've never been so child-like excited over my birthday in years...you can almost see that conical birthday hat on my head. I'm happy and i love it.

May 15th 2011, i turned 25...exactly 25 years ago my mum, aged 25 gave birth to me.

I'd say my birthday festivities started the day before, on saturday. A friend of mine asked to go ice-skating...i haven't done so in at least 5 years; i want sure i'd even remember how to do it!! I've been putting off going skating with friends on account of conflicting schedules & my mood lows...so i immediately said yes. afterall its more friend going with someone than by yourself, right?

And yeah, i was shaking as hell!! a stark contrast to the carefree gliding i did 5 years back. I believe its my restless unconscious afriad of losing control & embarassment at work. Took me a while to get into the flow of things. Hehehe. The experience was fun, and therapeutic. You see, the last time i went skating was with someone really personal to me...and mind you she was a definite rookie, and i was guiding her through it. So, i has always wanted to come back...the same way i wanna go back to Genting....just to have one last hold on memories and say goodbye.

Of course, my new friend had no idea of this and we just chat and had fun....and had a massive sushi dinner afterwards. I was so stuffed, felt like a curry puff. I had fun. Then i sent him off, and got myself ready for the K.I.D.S Malaysia meeting that night.... The meeting ran till almost 1am. Needless to say, I slept like a log which in itself, was fun!

The next morning, my birthday. I spent the entire day checking on Facebook, responding to all the birthday wishes. I guess its the modern-day substitute to an old fashioned Birthday Card. I responded to the wished individually (all 80+ of them!!), just because I was so excited and wanted to show my appreciation to my friends. I felt so loved. Virtually.

Later that evening i went over to dad's and all of us (with my stepmum's family) went for a steamboat dinner. Very appropriate to the rainy weather outside. We went back home, and had a mini-celebration with something cake-like : Mercedes de Brasso...something they brought from the Phillippines. On the outside its marshmallowey. with a creamy caramel custard centre. So that was my 'birthday cake'. After that, karaoke! It was fun, albeit low-key...suitable with the older age group. Haha. I had the higherst solo score for the night!!! what song was it? I think it was Richard Marx, Right Here Waiting...wohoo!

Monday, i was oncall at the Psychiatric clinic. Ultimately no patients for me to clerk. That afternoon, Syu gave me a real slice of cake : the carrot cake. Too bad i had to cut short my time with her as i had a Dr's appointment. Hey, even the appointment was fun. Later i went to LCCT, met Sufia & Hazirah (among my favourite people on this earth)...I'm so thankful i still have them; we're all 25, and have been friends for more than 18 years. Gossips & bombshells were dropped, and we had to part ways.

I made dinner plans with MJ in Shah Alam. Saw my lovely cutie-pie cousins Irfan & Alya. As if they know it was my birthday, they were exceptionally friendly to me. And you know what, when my paksu came home, they had a surprise birthday celebration with me. Dim lights, a beautiful brownie with lit candles from the kitchen to a completely surprised & unsuspecting me. Of course the kids blew the candles with me, sang & clapped their hands along.

I am just so happy. I wish this feeling will last. I'm just gonna ride the wave till it fades.

And so... HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY, DIMA MARLINA.
Wishing you all the love and happiness this world can bring; and may you have love & success in your life ahead.

1 comment: