Thursday, January 14, 2010

24 = Jack Bauer?

Hahaha, I wish! Well its 2010, and I turn 24 in May. Does that mean i can also turn into super-cool multipotential CTU Federal Agent Jack Bauer, from the TV series 24? Unfortunately, no.
With a heavy heart I must admit that i am now in my mid-twenties... no longer a teen/adolescent...not even a young adult anymore.

Perhaps after 2 weeks of writing on heavy stuff (refer my previous posts) both on my blog & on my Facebook, i finally came to the realization (yet again) that :
1) i am not governing this country
2) i am not a politician
3) the decision-makers of Malaysia aren't listening to me speficially, thus what i have to say makes no difference whatsoever
4) last but not least, the most important of all........... I am still a medical student, undergrad, i am nobody...YET

And with that, i revert to lighter issues such as how much i adore the movie Sherlock Holmes, or my newfound admiration for the writings of Farish A. Noor, the chocolate fondue party i hosted in my hostel room, my awesome weekend with my favourite friend oNe, reflecting on my long overdue workout session....and perhaps most urgently (yet least impotant to me) my assignments & reports and their sneaky deadlines.

Nevermind that, what I do want to write about is this : I turn 24 this year, so what do i want to achieve? Here's a bunch of things i wanna do before i turn 30. In no particular order:
1) learn Mandarin
2) learn guitar
3) study the Al-Quran
4) lose weight!!!!
5) be able to cook basic meals
6) pave my way for medical-related community outreach programmes, or Drs without borders
7) decide & proceed with my post-grad specialty of choice
8) road trip around Malaysia (the Peninsular at least!)
9) back-packing / travel to Europe or US
10 ) revisit & relive my love of performing arts

10 things. Even if i dont manage to check all of them, i'll be happy. Also, i made it a point to write down only the things that are within my control; not things like get married & hv 2 kids & hv RM******* in my account & migrate to Maldives. I think my dreams are somewhat attainable, dont you think?

I guess that's all for tonight. I'd better get cracking on my case reports & prepare for the viva tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

  1. haha...attainable attainable...i alwiz wonder, why if its Europe, people say 'back packing"? i first heard it being used in Friend series . or is it just a term as loose as 'travelling' where u can use for just any destination/country?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think its similar. but to me 'backpacking' means super low-budget + short stays at each destination, unlike travelling which is a bit more like living & experiencing the culture. Vacation, on the other hand, means ultra lush, relaxing, exotic getaways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. terharu coz my name is in it...I think your goals are reachable, if 30 tak sempat, postpone to 35.I can see you as a matured person now, no longer the emo that I met 8 years ago....hehe.....thumbs up to Dima Marlina

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello dima. lawak tht comparison of being jack bauer and 24. A friend asked if I was worried becoming older maklumlah almost half a decade to becoming 30 and i was like.. TAK PON!!! but as soon as the conversation ended I did get a lil depressed.hahaha. anti climatic skit cerita nih.
    Anyhow, I feel tht those things u want, are not unacheivable. I'm picking up the guitar too here. Not trying to be Yuna or Zee Avi, but perheps when im better at it, you can be my Colbie and i can be ur Mraz. heheh. corny sih ayat nih. oklah. tty soon. bye

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 very achievable goals, definitely! if anyone can do it, its u. btw, incase ur wondering about the sudden influx of comments from me, its just one of those random moments of my life. btw, i finally fixed my blog (remember u told me about not being able to post a comment a while back?)

    ReplyDelete